The more often and better the Chimney works (captures smells, combustion products, evaporation, and fat), the faster and stronger its filter gets dirty. Over time, the lattice is so clogged that its purge becomes minimal. Moreover, large deposits of fat can cause a fire.
- That is why you need to wash the Chimney at least once every 2-4 weeks. By the way, most modern models signal the need to clean through special sensors on display. For example, it could be a burning lattice icon or a “C” badge (on average, every 60 hours of engine operation, but the periodicity can be adjusted independently).
Fortunately, cleaning the Chimney is not that difficult, especially if you have a dishwasher.
It can wash the dirty filter in 1 cycle at maximum time settings and temperature of 60 degrees.
If you do not have a dishwasher or if it could not wash the filter from old fat (this happens often), then you will get 7 simple but super-effective tricks from our article. We will also tell you how to wash the body of the kitchen Chimney from the fat, dust, and soot.
Remove the filter from under the dome before you start cleaning. First, remove/lift the front Chimney panel, then remove the filter from the guides by unlocking the latch. To prevent the filter and the panel from falling, hold them with your hand.
How to clean the kitchen Chimney And Filter
Method 1. How to wash the filter in a soap-soda solution
In fact, Chimney manufacturers all as one recommend cleaning filters and front panels only soft soap (for example, dishwashing liquid). However, as practice shows, the “official” method does not always work, so we propose to increase its effectiveness with the help of food or calcified soda.
- Pour hot water from the tap or boiling water into the sink or bucket—the hotter the water, the more effective the cleaning.
- Add baking soda (1/4 cup) and a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the water. Stir the solution with a spatula (not a hand!) to form foam.
- Completely immerse the fat filter in the solution and leave it to soak for 10 minutes.
- “Scratch” the filter not too rigid sponge/brush, then wash as usual, rinse thoroughly, and dry with a towel.
- Place the filter back under the Chimney dome.
Tip: this method works almost always, but in difficult cases, instead of soaking, it is necessary to boil the grill in the same soap-soda solution for about 5-10 minutes.
Method 2. How to clean the Chimney in the kitchen with a perennial layer of fat means of blockage
This method is the most radical and is suitable only for the most neglected cases when the Chimney has not been washed for several years.
It’s important! Manufacturers of machinery do not recommend using this method of cleaning more than 1-2 times for the entire life of the operation. The tool for cleaning pipes is caustic, which can corral the aluminum grill if you overhold the solution or use it too often.
You will need:
One large filter or two small will require 2-3 small packets of dry powder or about 1/2 cup of liquid from clogging. Also, prepare a baking tray and boiling water. And, of course, don’t forget to wear rubber gloves and open the window!
- Place the grating grate in a baking tray and fill it with boiling water/hot water (it should lightly cover the filter).
- Add the clogs to the filter evenly. Hold it in the foam for literally 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the filters under running water several times.
Method 3. How to clean the grate of the Chimney with a gyro-legal (for complex cases)
Another radical method of cleaning the Chimney is a gyro-lydalizer or oven cleaner. For example, Bagi Shumanite, Bagi Giant, Sparkling Kazan, Oven Cleaner from Amway, and others. Don’t forget to open the window and wear rubber gloves!
- Treat the Chimney filter with the tool.
- Put the grill in a bag (!)to prevent the spread of pungent smell around the apartment.
- After 10-15 minutes, wash the mesh as usual and rinse thoroughly.
- If you have children or pets, it is better to use an oven cleaner from Amway, as it almost does not smell and works more efficiently than its counterparts. However, it is sold only through brand dealers or in the company’s online store.
Method 4. How to boil the filter in a soda solution
Persistent aged fat deposits on the kitchen Chimney filter can be removed by the same soda but by boiling.
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Pour the soda into boiling water: in a large saucepan, about 1 cup, in the middle – 1/2 cup.
- When the soda has dissolved, reduce the heat, place the filter in the solution and boil it for 10-15 minutes until the contamination has weakened.
- Wash the pan in the usual way.
Method 5. How to wash the Chimney with economical soap
Household soap copes perfectly with fat, especially when combined with hot water.
- Heat 2.5 liters of water in a saucepan/basin.
- Half of the household soap (72%) rub on a medium grater and add to the heated water.
- When the soap dissolves, remove the pelvis from the heat, immerse the filter in it and leave to soak for 10-20 minutes.
- Wash the grill as usual.
- The same soap solution can wipe the Chimney case.
- To increase the effectiveness of the soap solution, add a couple of tablespoons of baking soda.
Method 6. How to wash the Chimney filter with 9% vinegar
- Soak a rag in table vinegar (9%) and wipe them profusely for all the contaminated places.
- Leave the filter to soak for 7-15 minutes.
- Wash and rinse the mesh as usual.
Tip: Open the window and put on rubber gloves before cleaning.
Method 7. How to clean the Chimney s with lemon
- Peel 1-2 lemons from the peel and cut into halves.
- Rub the surface of the grill and, if necessary, the Chimney case. Allow the lemon juice to “work” for about 5-10 minutes.
- Wash and rinse the grill as usual.
Tip: in the case of strong lattice contaminants, it is necessary to soak in a solution of citric acid for a few hours and better at night. By morning, your grille will be like a new one!
How to wash the Chimney case
So, with the washing of the filter-zero-catcher, we figured out how to properly wash the body of the Chimney? After all, it is also covered with persistent oily plaque, dust, and soot.
In fact, all manufacturers prohibit washing the case with anything other than neutral means. You can’t categorically use:
- Alcohol-based cleaning products, much fewer solvents because the stainless steel or lacquer can fade.
- Apply aggressive cleaning products (scum dissolution products, clogging products, abrasive powders, pastes, fat solvents, chlorine, acids, and soda).
- Use hard sponges and brushes.
What’s left then? We recommend using dishwashing liquid or household soap. The main thing is to prevent moisture from getting inside the body, the control panel, and the display.
Try not to tighten with the washing of filters, as the fat tends to harden over time, after which it becomes difficult to wash it.
After cleaning the filters, you need to reset the exhaust meter. How to do it – read in the instructions of your device.