Problems that arise when water contains iron,
Iron is located on the surface of the earth. When the water runs and leaks through the nappies, it dissolves the iron and drags it into groundwater. Another cause of contamination may be that the pipes are iron. Over the years and use, the pipes corrode and iron dissolves in the water.
Water containing iron can cause reddish stains on clothing and objects such as kitchen, bathroom or tap accessories, among others. Detergents do not remove these stains. In contrast, chlorine, sodium and bicarbonate can enhance them.
Iron deposits in water are formed in pipes, heaters, container tanks and water softening equipment. These tanks can reduce water pressure. More energy is also required to pump or heat water. As a result, the costs of water and energy services are increased.
Consuming iron-containing water does not cause adverse health effects. However, its presence can cause you to feel a metallic taste when you drink it.
What is the solution on how to remove iron from water?
The solution to the cloudy water problem is to use a water filter or purifier. For both, there is a wide variety of models.
A filtration system is placed at the point where the fluid enters the house. This ensures that the supply provides filtered and pure water without discriminating against any mouth. Thus pure water is obtained in the kitchen canes, in the bathroom, in the shower and also in the water that circulates in the toilet.
Filtration systems are chosen and installed to measure. Various parameters are considered such as type of water in the area, number of inhabitants of the house, area in square meters of the property and number of meters of plumbing.
The most commonly used filters are carbon or sediment. In both cases, it is a disposable cartridge-shaped filter. Its replacement is practical and simple. Prevents the passage of iron particles as well as mud, algae, sand, tartar and clay, among others. It also provides other benefits such as decreasing water chlorine, preventing the passage of chemicals, germs and bacteria. It also eliminates the bad taste and smell of water.
Water purifier models are very varied:
- On the single or double table.
- Under the single or double table.
Those that are low or on a table can come with the traditional system or with disposable cartridges.
Operation of a filtration and purification system
The most important thing about these Ultra Filtration systems is that they provide safe water 24/7, that is, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Water goes through several filtration stages that convert it into purified water.
- First stage: Pre sediment filter that retains sand particles, garbage or sediments that are floating in the water.
- Second stage: It is a sediment filter that is responsible for moving the finest solids away and prevents the passage of the remains that were attached during the first stage.
- Third stage: Water passes through an ultrafilter membrane that retains particles of 0.1 microns. In this way, the water becomes pure and healthy.
- Fourth stage: the water already purified enters by an activated carbon filter that minimizes the amount of chlorine and other chemicals that may exist. It also eliminates germs and bacteria that cause the bad taste and odour of water.
- Fifth stage: This process is optional and consists of an ultraviolet lamp that eliminates microorganisms and prevents the formation of new colonies of bacteria.
Placing a filtering system ensures you drink pure water directly from the taps. Now that you know how to remove iron from water, I chose the method that works best for you to install in your home.