If you are reading this post, you are indeed desperate to look for answers to a problem with your dishwasher. Well, you are in the right place because, from Mi Electro, we will tell you the central breakdowns of a dishwasher; let’s go there!
Main breakdowns of a dishwasher related to water
Here we will find two prevalent situations related to the entry or accumulation of water in the dishwasher.
Is there water inside at the end of the washing cycle?
If that’s the problem, let’s look at what may be happening. If we find water inside our dishwasher, it may be because:
- The pump is clogged.
- The hose is bent.
- There is a jam in the pipes.
- The drain pipe or filter is clogged.
We recommend that you always call a technician, but there are some things that you can try to solve, such as if the drainpipe or filter is clogged.
To do this, what you have to do is:
- Make sure the cycle is over ideally, so you don’t interrupt the process.
- Turn off the power.
- Remove the dishwasher carefully.
- Locate the clamps that hold the hose to the drain and loosen them.
- Locate where the hose ends.
- At the end of the hose, you will see a compression clamp; unscrew it.
- Pull the hose and install the new one.
- Turn on the power and put the dishwasher on.
No water enters the dishwasher.
If your dishwasher starts, but after a while, it stops, it may be that the inlet hose is also clogged, so the first thing you should do is look if it has folded. If it were correct, then it may be the filter.
We recommend that you close the water, disconnect the part of the hose attached to the dishwasher and clean the filter.
Still, no water enters the dishwasher? Then we face a significant breakdown and, in that case, we will have to call a technician.
I see foam in the bucket; what’s going on?
Don’t worry; it’s a widespread breakdown, but so easy to fix that it will make you angry not to have noticed it before. The solution is that you are using more detergent than necessary. So the first thing you have to try is to reduce the amount.
If it still happens, you have to check that the lid of the polish is tightly closed.
The tablet does not dissolve properly.
One of the central breakdowns of a dishwasher and our customers tell us more times is that the tablet does not dissolve well in the dishwasher.
When this happens, it can be due to 3 different things:
- We are not putting in place the right program. For example, when we use short programs, we should opt for liquid detergent.
- Placement of the dishwasher: it may happen that we have not noticed, and a plate is preventing the correct opening of the box.
- The holes of the upper blade are clogged and do not move properly, preventing the dissolution of the tablet.
Check these three causes and thus avoid one of the central breakdowns of a dishwasher.
At this point, we want to highlight the importance of correctly placing everything in the dishwasher since it is what most breakdowns usually cause.
Just in case, here are other common mistakes when it comes to putting the dishwasher that will save you from many subsequent problems.
Does the dishwasher consume salt excessively?
If this is your case, it is essential that you contact a technician to solve this breakdown since it is a somewhat more complex problem.
If salt intake is higher than it should be, this may be because:
- The dispenser is damaged.
- The salt plug does not close properly.
- The electronic board is damaged.
Whatever your situation, don’t hesitate to ask for help from a technician who can review what may happen.
If you see that your dishes are dirtier below than above…
It is that you are facing another of the central breakdowns of a dishwasher.
Luckily this has a straightforward solution. If this is happening to you,, it is because the lower propellers do not rotate correctly,. This can only be due to the placement of the cutlery and other elements that will prevent the rotation of the same.
We already mentioned before that the placement of tableware usually causes more problems than we think.
If you change the duration of the program in operation, is it also one of the central breakdowns of a dishwasher?
In this case, it is NOT A BREAKDOWN, and this is very important that you know.
If this is happening to you, it is because your dishwasher comes equipped with sensors capable of adapting the temperature and operating time depending on how turbid the water is to ensure optimal results. So relax, because this is nothing more than one of the great technologies with which your dishwasher is equipped.
My dishwasher won’t start.
And we come to this last breakdown. If your dishwasher does not start, you must follow these steps:
- Check that the fuse of the electrical installation is OK.
- Check that the water tap is open.
- Check that the feed hose filter is not clogged. If it is not obstructed, you must call a technician; if, on the contrary, it is, you have to change the hose as we have seen before.
What do you think? If you have any questions, tell us below, and we will help you with everything you need. And if finally what you decide is to change dishwashers, here is a complete guide on which dishwasher to buy.