If Woodland leather shoes are dirty, it’s just over with the noble look. But luckily we have simple tips for you on how to clean and care for leather shoes properly.
Woodland Leather shoes aren’t cheap and yet they can quickly pollute with dust, soil and snow. This makes it all the more important to clean and care for leather shoes properly. With our tips, your leather shoes will be clean again in no time and look like new.
CleanWoodland leather shoes properly
- Remove the coarse dirt first with a coarse natural hairbrush.
- If the dirt is particularly stubborn, take a cotton cloth to hand, moisturize it with water and remove stuck dirt.
- After cleaning, it is important to let the shoes dry well. To do this, you fill them with newsprint and put them on the side.
Maintaining Woodland leather shoes properly
- If your shoes are dry, you can start with shoe care. Take a shoe cream or wax paste that matches the nuance of your footwear and cream the shoes with it. But be careful: both the cream and the paste must correspond exactly to the colour of the leather. If it is a different colour, the material may look spotty.
- Then you should polish your shoes. A finer brush or cotton clothes suitable for this purpose.
For using a shoe polish: Polish your shoes as soon as possible after application. Since shoe polish absorbs quickly, it is no longer possible to make the cream shine at a later date.
For the use of a wax paste, the exact opposite applies: let the paste first draw in. The longer you let wax paste, the easier the subsequent polishing is.
Important tips for proper shoe care
If you also note these four tips, nothing can go wrong with leather shoe care:
- Make sure to clean and care for the leather every 14 days.
- Do not place your leather shoes on the heater or right next to it. Leather is sensitive to heat and can quickly become brittle due to heat.
- Don’t wear your shoes every day, but give them regular breaks. It takes 24 hours for leather to absorb the moisture absorbed.
- Use an impregnation spray to protect the sensitive material from moisture.
If you follow our additional tips and pay attention to cleaning and caring for your leather shoes properly, your shoes will stay with you for a long time.