We have already told about how to clean his favourite silver jewellery. Now it’s time to ennoble the darkened and tarnished gold products with and without stones.
How to clean gold
There are several methods of cleaning gold jewellery at home:
- Soaking. Jewellery should be placed in a special liquid, made from what you have in the kitchen, bathroom or first aid kit. After a certain time, the raid can be removed with a simple soft rag.
- Polished with improvised materials. It will be suitable if you need to return the product of mind-blowing brilliance.
- Mechanical cleaning. Apply if the pollution did not succumb to previous methods. Use with caution so as not to damage the surface of the dear heart decorations.
- Salt. Dissolve 3 tablespoons of table salt in a glass of hot water. Put the decorations there at night, and in the morning, rinse in running water.
- A dishwasher. In a water glass, stir a teaspoon of liquid detergent, add the gold and place on the water bath. Boil the decorations for a few minutes, rinse the remnants of soap with water and wipe the brush with a soft cloth.
- Washing alcohol and laundry detergent. Spread a teaspoon of washing and a tablespoon of powder in a glass of water and boil. Place the decorations for 2 hours in a hot solution, and then wipe them with a rag.
- Liquid soap – hydrogen peroxide. A teaspoon of soap and 2 tablespoons of peroxide mix with a glass of warm water. Put the gold in a solution for 20 minutes.
- Soda and foil. Dissolve 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of hot water and pour into a container, at the bottom of which lies a sheet of foil. Place the decorations there at night, and in the morning, rinse them under the tap and wipe with a towel.
- Velvet or wail rag. The old, proven way. Just take a piece of suitable matter and sit back in front of your favourite TV series: polishing can take quite a long time.
- The eraser. A soft white eraser will not only give shine to gold but also remove a light touch.
- Vinegar. Wet the cloth in the table vinegar and carefully handle the decorations.
- Lipstick. It’s a fun way for girls. Apply lipstick (preferably colourless) on a piece of matter and walk them through the faded gold.
- Beer and egg white. And this is more suitable for brutal men. Stir in a little foam with the protein, soak the rag in the solution and rub the decorations.
- Onion juice. The principle is the same: soak in juice matter and polish your favourite gold products. Do not forget to thoroughly rinse and dry the decorations at the end of the procedure.
Of course, you can buy special pasta in the jewellery store. But if you want to clean the gold from the comfort of your home effectively, cook this easily from improvised materials.
Remember: it is not worth using aggressive abrasives, such as soda or sandpaper, to clean jewellery, and there is a high risk of damaging the surface of the precious metal. Therefore, we will use softer and more delicate mixtures.
- Toothpowder. A little powder, an old toothbrush and a little patience will be removed from the gold long-standing plaque.
- Toothpaste and Vaseline. Works as well as tooth powder, but more gently and gently.
- Mel is an economical soap. Interpret the chalk (suitable for the usual white from the set for children’s creativity) in powder and mix in equal proportions with grated soap. Stir until smooth, then rub the decorations with a piece of cloth. To avoid divorce, be sure to rinse the gold with running water.
- Chalk is washing alcohol. Grind the chalk and mix with the wash until thick. Clean the gold with a toothbrush or cloth, and then rinse and dry.
How to clean gold jewellery with stones
Be especially careful with such jewellery. Remember that some gems require special care. For example, opal, turquoise or Malachi can be scratched with abrasives, so forget about tooth powder, soda or salt. Ruby, pomegranate and topaz are sensitive to high temperatures; they can not be washed with hot water. And amber, pearls, coral or ivory are very disliked by acids, brushers and solvents – cleaning is better to trust experts.
If you are confident, use the following ways of cleaning gold jewellery with stones:
- Alcohol. Wet the cotton bud with alcohol-containing liquid (strong alcohol, cologne or alcoholic lotion) will be suitable. Gently wipe the decorations to remove the greasy overdrive and other contamination.
- Gasoline. Wet them with an unnecessary soft toothbrush and treat the gold product. Thin bristles are perfect for removing dirt from hard-to-reach places.
How to clean white gold
White gold differs from the usual in that it is added silver, palladium or nickel to produce a light shade, and the top is often covered with birth. He protects the decoration and gives it a white shine.
Hard methods are not suitable for such products, but the following methods will be useful:
- Washing alcohol – hydrogen peroxide. Mix both liquids in a container in a 1: 2 ratio. Put the gold in the resulting solution for half an hour, and then rinse in running water and wipe with a towel.
- Sugar. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of sugar in a glass of water. Soak the decorations in a sweet solution for 10-12 hours: it will return them to its former brilliance.
How to clean matte gold
Jewellery is made matte with a special polishing method. Therefore, for cleaning such products do not use polishing materials, and only remove the visible attack. To clean the matte gold, it is enough for a couple of hours to soak it in a 25 per cent solution of ammonia, and then rinse in running water and dry wipe with a cloth.
What to do to make gold not darken
- Keep your jewellery away from the sun’s rays.
- Remove rings and bracelets before cleaning, going to the bath or sauna, and when you wash the nail polish.
- Wipe the gold products if they have been exposed to moisture.