Hood in the interior of the kitchen: photo-ideas how to properly and beautifully place in the interior. Types and functionality of kitchen hoods.
The elimination of unpleasant odors is facilitated by the purchase of a special hood for the kitchen. It can be found in any house. It has become just an indispensable element in the interior of any kitchen. Today, the range of hoods is large. Before buying your favorite model, you need to familiarize yourself with its characteristics.
Types of hoods for the kitchen
This element of the interior of the kitchen plays an important role in the design. Attention should be paid to its aesthetic design and method of installation. Hoods come in the following types:
1. They are classified as a standard type. They have a flat shape. They are fastened easily enough. They can be installed on top above the stove or mounted in the kitchen cupboard. The principle of such design is recycling, but it can work on the exhaust method if an additional duct is installed. This model is considered the cheapest among all the variety of designs. You can install it yourself.
2. Built-in structures are quite compact in size. They don’t take up much space. Such hoods are installed directly in the kitchen cupboard, have the shape of a cube. Above the stove, when using a built-in structure, only a grille that captures fat is visible. It can be pushed to enlarge the surface of the air intake space.
3. Wall models in appearance resemble an umbrella with a long pipe. Such hoods in the interior of the kitchen play an important role. It should be matched to the color of the kitchen headset to create harmony in the design. Each model is installed at a 40-degree angle. The sloping hood can be installed in the corner of the kitchen, in which case the fastening of the structure is carried out to each wall.
4. Dome hood in appearance resembles a fireplace chimney. The difference from all other types of design is that it can be mounted both to the wall and on the ceiling. This model is made of different materials. You can also buy from an array of wood. The stainless steel and heat-resistant glass design look unusual.
5. Island is mounted on the ceiling. Similar models are used if the kitchen stove is located in the center of the room. They can work both in recycling mode and in exhaust mode. Their appearance should correspond to the style of the kitchen room.
6. Table designs became popular after the advent of cooking panels. They are installed on the countertop, put forward only during cooking. Hoods of this kind are quite convenient, as they help prevent contamination of the wall or apron during cooking. They can be installed both vertically and at an angle. Despite their positive qualities, they are inferior in power to all other species.
Cleaning the air
Different smells are constantly formed in the kitchen during cooking. They can be the most diverse in nature: some beckon with their aroma. Others, on the contrary, repulse, create an uncomfortable feeling. Therefore, it is important to clean the air in the kitchen periodically. Hoods are used for this purpose. They draw in all the smells, making the air cleaner.
Such installations draw in small mud particles and fat, which can stain surfaces close to the stove.
Clean the air in the kitchen can be with the help of airing. It is enough to open a window or balcony. But still, the most reliable and rational way is the use of hoods. With this design, all the air is taken directly above the stove, not having time to spread through the room.
How to choose a hood for the kitchen?
To pick the kitchen hood correctly, you need to pay attention to certain criteria:
1. Size. The hood should not be smaller in width than the kitchen stove, in which case there will be a poor catching ability. The design should have the same size as the cooking surface. The use of the hood is allowed even wider. This will allow you to collect all the unpleasant smells without spreading them around the kitchen.
2. How to work. The hood can work in an exhausting way, in which case all contaminated air is removed outside the room. But some models work on the type of filters. In this case, they take away the dirty air, clean it, air masses again get into the kitchen. When choosing such a design, you should not forget to buy additional filters. They will have to change periodically.
3. Management. This option is selected individually, depending on the preference of the kitchen owner. Some people are comfortable using touch control, in which case the key is pressed, while others are used to use button control. You can purchase a slider-controlled design, in which case the switch is on and off with a mechanical switch.
There are two types of filters – rough and fine cleaning. Rough cleaning filters are metal mesh. They hold fast, are easy to wash, are reusable. In addition to them, a thin mesh is purchased, which is an additional filter. It is disposable when pollution needs replacement. Thin-cleaning filters are coal-fired. They are purchased separately from the design. They change as the hoods work in circulation mode.
Pay attention to additional features when buying and. An electronic timer can be built into the hood, which will disable the design after cooking. The sloping hood can have a residual fan stroke, meaning that after shutting down, the design still works for 5-10 minutes, sucks out all the dirty air. The dome hood can be equipped with an interval disconnection. In the process of work, it will independently go to work in the minimum mode.
All hoods are equipped with lighting devices in which various light bulbs are built. They can be halogen or with incandescent bulbs. The second type often has a sloping hood. Replacing the light bulb is not difficult.
When choosing a kitchen hood, pre-look for the photo to have an approximate understanding of this or that model. You can visually assess whether the design will suit or not, how it will look after installation.
Before you choose a hood for the kitchen, you need to determine the concept and design of this room. There are different models with design features in the forms.
However, the hood should fit into the kitchen’s interiors, combined with furniture, other appliances, tiles, apron, or main finish. The kitchens of all sizes will look great in stainless steel appliances, such as the built-in Bosch brand with mounted lighting, double filter system. They will always fit harmoniously into the design of the kitchen, combined with washing, cutlery, decor, and other different elements.
You can choose one of the existing hoods depending on the shape:
They differ in the way of installation:
A kitchen hood with an unusual creative design can be the main detail. Many modern varieties are design developments and the embodiment of innovative ideas. They take the main attention, distracting it from the kitchen facades, a bright headset, or an unusual apron. If you combine them with other household appliances and accessories, space will look very stylish and win.
Some models do not immediately show, and it is clear that they are air cleaners. They can look like lamps with lots of small details. If the kitchen is full of communications, you can use the dome type and across the room to carry the ventilation pipes outside, choosing the loft-style. This concept fits perfectly into this style.
You can choose shiny or matte metal surfaces. The hi-tech style will look beautiful island models of chrome materials and any form: asymmetrical, oval, diamond-shaped, and others.
In those kitchens, where there is quite a little space above the work area, you can install the hood in a wide ventilation pipe. The development of the device will be a little lower, but such a decorative move will be exciting to look at. But, of course, it won’t fit into the classics.
The ceiling island models in the interior design will be used as additional shelves and provide optimal lighting over the entire work surface. In some rooms, designers risk placing several similar hoods above the cooking surface or stove. The design acquires special originality, and the production of such devices increases twice, which is relevant for large kitchens.
The choice of a hood for the kitchen should be based on lighting availability, as it is an additional source of light. It helps to illuminate the work area and creates a special comfort in the evening for cooking. The new models of hoods have innovative features: adjusting the brightness of the light and its intensity. Existing hood models may have this backlight:
- insignificant incandescent lamps are usually embedded in low-cost models, are highly energy-intensive, yellow light comes from them, they need a frequent replacement;
- fluorescent lamps give bright white light, also provide economical electricity consumption, have a long life, but it is difficult to change them;
- halogen lamps – small point lamps that provide economic consumption of electricity, the brightness of light, their resource is enough for a long time, equipped with them brands premium and middle class;
- LEDs are very economical, modern, and durable lamps.
Kitchen hoods almost always have built-in light sources. The most popular were models with built-in halogen lamps, which will help save electricity, are easy to replace, and long-term operation.
When looking for equipment, you need to focus on the budget because the right choice hood for the kitchen will be only within a certain amount. The main thing is that the model properly performs the main function, has enough power, fits into the interior, and has various additional options that increase ergonomics.
The cost of the hood for the kitchen is determined not only by the chosen brand but also by such parameters:
- Style and design
- Materials for manufacturing;
- How it works
- Additional features.
Therefore, you can find models of different costs, from cheap options to premium. The price can lie in the range of 40-15000 U.S. But if we are talking about some designer models, the manufacturer’s name also affects the price. The cheapest hoods can be bad in build quality and inferior to brand counterparts and sometimes turn out to be better than them. If we compare prices, the standard flowing variety will be within 70-170 conditional units; if it is a circular model, then 5-01-80 U.S.
The kitchen hood case can be made from such materials:
- Stainless steel;
- Enamelled steel;
- Tempered glass;
When choosing the right model in the kitchen, you should also pay attention to this option, and not only on the specifications. The price-quality ratio corresponds to the case of processed aluminum. The matte hood case will fit perfectly into the interior and be combined with other household appliances. It is easy to wash, and clean, free of corrosion, and no fingerprints are stored on the surface during operation.
Some species combine stainless steel materials and tempered glass in the case. Therefore, in the interior, they will look very stylish and original. Any recent topical styles of interior, such as hi-tech, modernism, minimalism, will perfectly accept such a hood.
Individual manufacturers can make an individual order for devices with specific characteristics: a set of functions, material, design.
A popular budget material for the manufacture of the hood is considered plastic. Models with a rectangular or round section are usually produced. Plastic has such advantages:
- Small weight;
- A smooth surface that is easy to clean prevents the accumulation of fat, dust, and dirt, inside does not rust;
- It’s fast going.
- There is almost no vibration or noise when the system works.
- Low price.
Equally popular extraction materials – aluminum and steel, complement this group of inexpensive models, often used. Steel or aluminum hood in the kitchen will have the same listed benefits, will not heat up during long-term use. Models made of these materials rarely have an aesthetic look. Therefore, there is no emphasis on such hoods in interior design.