Healthy, shiny and well-groomed hair is the best decoration of a woman. But to put the curls beautifully, it is not necessary to spend on a daily visit to the hairdresser. You can dry and style your hair at home, but you can achieve the ideal result only if you choose the right hairdryer. But it should be taken into account that the quality and capabilities of the hair dryer will depend on the health and beauty of hair, as well as the amount of time that will have to spend on styling.
To find the optimal model of the hairdryer, you will have to study some specifications, such as the power of the device, understand the abundance of additional nozzles and choose the optimal weight and design.
THE MAIN CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
When choosing a hairdryer in the first place you need to think about the purpose of its purchase. After all, it is one thing when the hair dryer will be used occasionally, mainly for drying hair, and quite another, if it will be used to make styling, modeling or straightening naughty strands. In addition, the length of the hair, their type and structure are of great importance. In order not to get lost among a wide range of all sorts of hairs, stylings and brashings, first of all, it is necessary to understand the types of hairdryers, their power and modes of operation.
Types of hairdryers
- Compact– have a folding handle, because of which they are often called road. The power reserve of such a device is small and rarely exceeds 1200 w. Folding hair dryers have a maximum of two speeds and one hub nozzle. Such models are relatively inexpensive.
- Household –universal hair dryers-hubs, which are most often found on the shelves of stores. Have standard power and equipment: a hub nozzle and sometimes a diffuser. More expensive models can be equipped with useful features such as cold blowing and ionization. The range of household hairdryers is quite extensive, as well as the price range.
- Professional –sold in special salons and have high power rates. Professional hair dryers are powerful and hardy, but have a lot of weight and size.
- Hair dryers for styling –the main purpose of such devices – hair styling, so they have a special design in the form of a brush or flat. These hair dryers have little power, so they are not designed for drying.
- Stilettos are compact and versatile devices that combine hairdryer and brashing functions. Steilers have a wide range of all sorts of nozzles: “warming hand” giving lushness, nozzle-brush for volume and creation of waves, brush with retractable cloves for curls, nozzle for untangling, combing and leveling hair, etc.
This indicator is most considered by buyers, but already at this stage mistakes are made. Many believe that the more power, the better will cope with the work of the device. In fact, the power depends only on how long it will take to lay.
- 1000-1200 w – such hair dryers have a compact size and a small weight. Suitable for dry, brittle and short hair, as a more powerful hair dryer can damage the structure of the hair, and dry the curls faster than the styling will be done.
- 1200-1800 W – these devices are intended for home use. Optimal for heavy, long and thick hair. Hair dryers with such power will provide the hair with the necessary volume, lushness and quick drying.
- 2300 W and above are professional models used in hairdressers. Great power allows you to quickly dry your hair and do the styling in just a few minutes, but the regular use of a professional hair dryer will only lead to brittle hair, dryness of the scalp, loss of shine, the appearance of dandruff and other unpleasant consequences.
A good hairdryer has at least three high-speed and three temperature modes. The most powerful is necessary to eliminate excess moisture, medium – for final drying, minimum – for laying. In addition, manufacturers offer additional modes that are designed to facilitate drying and hair styling.
- Cold air –allows you to gently dry your hair and fixes the hairstyle, giving the curls a complete look. To do this, you need to send for 10 seconds to the hairstyle a jet of cold air and formed styling or perm will hold much longer.
- Ionization –in hairdryers a special plate is installed, producing negative ions. These electrically charged particles neutralize positive ions of wet hair, thereby preventing electrification. Manufacturers also claim that hair after drying in ionization mode will shine and dry faster.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
In addition to design, power and modes of operation, when choosing a hairdryer is worth paying attention to other important characteristics.
Body, weight and type of heating element
- The hair dryer case should be made of high-quality materials. The hairdryer should not creak, have crevices and uneven joints. Cheap plastic after 5-10 minutes of drying will begin to melt and emit an unpleasant smell. But it is almost impossible to distinguish whether a quality body at the hairdryer or not, so it is better to purchase such equipment from proven manufacturers. Excellent if the hairdryer has a rubberized handle and a long cord (from two meters).
- The engine in quality hairdryers, as a rule, has a reliable winding, which does not melt when exposed to high temperatures. When buying, it is not necessary to disassemble the device to pieces. It is enough to take it in hand and estimate the weight: a strong winding significantly increases the weight, respectively lightweight models are short-lived and can quickly burn out.
- The metal heater is used in low-cost household and compact models. The main drawback is uneven heating, which will cause the hair to be blown unevenly, which can negatively affect their health. In addition, hair dryers with a metal heating element dry the hair for quite a long time.
- Ceramic heaters are most often equipped with professional models, but today on sale you can find household hair dryers that have this type of heating element. Ceramic heater will provide uniform heating, long working time without overheating and in addition will save electricity.
- Each hairdryer has a filterthat prevents dust and hair from getting inside. In budget models, this filter is not to be replaced, which is why the device breaks down much faster. Expensive hair dryers are equipped with a removable filter that allows you to keep the device clean. This will increase the life of the hairdryer and make it safe to use.
- The humidity sensor is also a very convenient feature. The hairdryer independently determines the initial humidity of curls and picks up the optimal power and drying mode.
- Frictional nozzles eliminate vibration during the operation of the device. This greatly facilitates its operation, because the working hairdryer will not slip out of the hands and will not fall off the table.
- The hub is a slit nozzle, available in almost every model. It is considered universal and allows you to direct the jet of air on specific strands. It is suitable for drying, laying with a comb and giving volume. It should be taken into account that different hair dryers have a different diameter of the hub. The narrow nozzle concentrates the flow of air at one point, which can cause the burning of the scalp, wider – dissipates it, so that the styling is done in a gentle mode.
- The diffuser is a nozzle for scattering airflow, giving volume and creating complex stylings. Hair dryers can be equipped with several types of diffusers: classic and active. The classics have static “fingers” and special holes through which air is fed. Short “fingers” are suitable for gentle drying, long – to create volume. Active diffuser is distinguished by the fact that during work “fingers” vibrate, creating a light effect of massage and whipping hair, giving them a lushness.
- Steilers– brush nozzles, tongs, combs. These nozzles, as a rule, are equipped with dryers of small power, designed exclusively for hair styling. With their help, you can straighten, howled, comb the hair or give them the necessary volume.
THE MOST POPULAR MANUFACTURERS OF HAIRDRYERS
- Professional hairdryers are produced by such companies as: Babyliss, Ga.Ma, Moser, AEG, Parlux.
- High-quality household and semi-professional models can be found in manufacturers Braun, Bosch, Valera, Rowenta, Philips, Panasonic.
- The most budget hair dryers produced by Remington, Scarlett, Binatone, Vitek, etc. though they are rich in functionality and variety of design, several times inferior in the quality of assembly and used materials hairdryers of the above brands.
WIDESPREAD CUSTOMER ERRORS
- When buying, it is necessary to try the hair dryer in all modes. For some models, the red-hot spiral cools down for too long and you will have to lose precious minutes to switch to cold blowing mode.
- A professional hairdryer is not designed for personal use. Due to its large weight and size, it is quite difficult to hold over your head and switch modes at the same time. The ergonomics of such hairdryers are designed for the fact that they will be wielded by a hairdresser. Household hair dryers have a simplified design, which makes it easy to manipulate the device. The shape of the handle and buttons are made in such a way that they are convenient to use even a layman.
- Additional nozzles are undoubtedly a useful thing, but only if you know how to use them. It is better to buy a quality hairdryer from a proven manufacturer, than a Chinese unit with a dozen unnecessary nozzles, which will later be dusted in the closet.
- The right hair dryer is the key to healthy and shiny hair. It is not necessary to save on quality, but overpaying for unnecessary functionality is also not an option. Choosing the optimal model is easy, the main thing – to carefully study our advice, and only then go shopping.