In the kitchen of many housewives, there is a mechanical meat grinder. Despite the huge number of automatic models, such a device has not yet lost popularity. A mechanical meat grinder is an easy-to-use device used for grinding meat into minced meat, obtaining tomato juice, pasta and other purposes. Next, let’s deal with the device, the nuances of its disassembly and assembly.
Pros and cons of mechanical meat grinders
The main advantages of a manual mechanical meat grinder are:
- small price;
- good indicators of wear resistance;
- ease of operation;
Disadvantages are considered a long work process to obtain the desired result and the need to use manual labor. Such devices are often clogged, they have to be untwisted and cleaned of fibers.
Meat grinder device
The device of the meat grinder with the manual drive is as follows:
- hopper for receiving meat or other product;
- auger (used to supply raw materials to knives);
- disc or cross-shaped knife;
- additional nozzles for pasta, sausage filling or juice production;
- several lattices with holes of different diameters;
- clamping nut;
- rubber suction cups.
Each of the parts of the manual meat grinder has its purpose. The body of the product is made in the form of a small cast container made of metal alloys or plastic. In the case there is a meat receiver or a loading hopper. It is made in the form of a socket tube. The screw shaft is used to move meat from the hopper to disc or cross-shaped knives.
Metal gratings have different diameters of holes, which allows you to adjust the degree of grinding of raw materials. The clamping washer is made in the form of a large round nut with grooves for easy clamping. The handle is fixed on the protruding part of the auger in the rear of the body. A special screw is used to secure it. Gaskets are used to seal the connections.
The device of the mechanical meat grinder is quite simple. When assembling meat grinder, it is necessary to ensure that all the components of the parts fit snugly together. The quality of minced meat depends on the gap between the grille and the knife: the gap should be minimal, which will prevent the meat from winding into the cutting parts.
The standard version of knives are products with four blades. In addition, there are disc incisors. Metal lattice can have different hole diameters. There are also slots in the form of triangles or ovals of different sizes. The set of the device includes plastic or metal nozzles, which are used to obtain juice and puree from vegetables and fruits, make sausages, cookies and other purposes.
How to assemble a mechanical meat grinder
Every user should know how the meat grinder is assembled. Work on the assembly of the device is carried out in the following sequence:
- Take the body of the device.
- Place the screw-shaped shaft in a large round connector (the auger is designed to push meat to the knives).
- Fix the cutting element on the shaft, concave part to the center of the device.
- Install a metal grille with holes so that it is well pressed against the knife. The groove on this part should coincide with the protrusion of the body.
We learned how to assemble a manual meat grinder, the photo describes all the nuances of this process. After installing all of these parts of the manual meat grinder, they are fixed on the body. The procedure is as follows:
- Screw on the thread a large washer, it should fit snugly to the body (there is no gap between the grille and the nut).
- Install the gaskets, then the handle. Fix the position of this part with a clamping screw.
- At the final stage of work, we install the device on a flat surface, for example, on a table. The position of the device is fixed using a pressure screw, which is located on the lower part of the body.
We learned how a meat grinder is assembled. The principle of operation of such a device is quite simple. Pieces of meat through the bunker fall on the auger. Together with the handle, the shaft also rotates, with its help meat or other raw materials are transported to knives, where it is crushed. For crushing, it is not desirable to take large pieces; they often get stuck, which leads to a stop of the device. The chopped meat passes through the grate and enters the bowl, which is substituted from the side of the clamping nut—the same principle of operation and the manual meat grinder for vegetables.
To increase the efficiency of the manual mechanical meat grinder, it is necessary to pre-cut raw materials into small pieces that the turns of the auger will easily capture. For better scrolling of products, use a pusher. Removal of films and veins from pieces of meat will not allow jamming and blunting of knives, facilitating the motor’s operation in the electric meat grinder.
For a manual meat grinder for vegetables to last as long as possible, the following rules must be observed:
- Carefully prepare the meat before grinding, remove all the bones from it, preventing blunting or breakage of the knife.
- Before grinding raw materials, sharpen a cross-shaped knife – this will speed up processing meat.
- After carrying out the work and disassembling the device, lubricate all parts with vegetable oil. With such processing of mechanisms, the performance of the device increases, and the permeability of products along the shaft improves.
- After grinding the products, the unit is completely disassembled, and all parts are washed.
At the final stage of work, all device parts are wiped with a towel or a soft dry cloth. Details are stored disassembled in a separate box, which will prevent their oxidation.
Electric models of devices allow you to quickly cope with grinding meat, vegetables and fruits and their further processing.
How to disassemble a meat grinder after use
After application, the device must be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned of the residues of raw materials, then wash the parts in water. The process of dismantling a manual meat grinder is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- unwind the clamping nut;
- pull out the grille and knife, clean the parts from the remains of raw materials;
- develop the screw and remove the handle of the device;
- pull out the auger, clean from the meat;
- unscrew the clamping screw, remove the body of the device from the table.
When disassembling the device, there is no need to use brute force. All parts and mechanisms are easily removed without much effort. Such actions often lead to damage to the fasteners. In this case, you will have to buy new spare parts.
The elements are cleaned of the remnants of raw materials and washed with water, the body of the device is wiped with a soft cloth. To destroy microbes and remove fat residues, you can use special detergents or place parts in boiling water. A manual meat grinder is recommended to store in disassembled condition.