Thanks to new technological methods, it is possible to make dishes from several layers. A layer of ceramics is applied to the metal both from the inside and from the outside. The food cooked in it does not burn but is evenly fried. This technology allows us to produce ceramic pans of high quality. And what is especially valuable is to preserve the excellent taste of the products.
These utensilPractical qualities distinguish this utensil. With proper care of the pan, it can be operated for an extended period – up to 10 years. Inert non-stick layer:
- It does not affect the change in the taste and smell of food without harming human health.
- On these products, both meat and vegetable dishes are prepared well and quickly.
Overview of Ceramic Pan with Pros and Cons
Bright advertising photos attract the purchase of utensils, where the coating is ceramics with a bright colour. That is, in these products, non-stick protection is a clay layer. The pros and cons of a ceramic frying pan will allow you to assess its need for the economy.
The list of advantages of a frying pan with a ceramic coating:
- The coating is scratch-resistant. You can use metal blades.
- The frying pan can withstand heat up to 4500C; it does not emit toxic substances.
- Heating occurs evenly over the entire area.
- No fat is required for cooking.
- Food doesn’t burn.
- Cooking takes less time than when using Teflon utensils.
- Easy to clean. After cooking, the remains of the products can be removed simply with a paper towel.
- It can be washed in the dishwasher.
Any good thing has flaws.
- High cost.
- Upon impact, a crack may form, or a piece of coating may break off.
- Does not withstand sudden temperature changes. That is, after use, you should not wash the pan immediately with cold water. Or put cold on a hot burner. This process provokes the appearance of small cracks.
- Dishes do not tolerate prolonged soaking.
- Not suitable for induction cookers.
With careful attitude to dishes with ceramic coating, you can:
- Feast on cooked food without fat, but with a crispy crust.
- Cook quickly.
- Eat healthy food without fear.
What to look for when buying Ceramic Pan?
Careful study of the accompanying documents will allow you to decide on the choice. What should attract attention:
- The thickness of the walls and bottom of the dishes is essential. The strength of the coating depends on them. The best will be the frying pan that is heavier.
- The handle should be comfortable. The presence of a removable handle will allow you to cook food in a frying pan in the oven.
- Price. A good thing can’t be cheap. Cheap models quickly lose non-stick properties.
- Carefully read the instructions. Check the availability of the certificate and warranties for the products.
The shape of the pan is essential. It can be different. In the economy, those that are often used will come in handy. It depends on tastes and preferences.
- Pancake lovers will need a frying pan with low sides. On it, you can fry pancakes and pancakes with little use of fats.
- A frying pan with a ribbed surface creates conditions for cooking juicy meat. This option can have both round and square shapes.
- An elongated or oval shape is convenient for cooking fish.
- A frying pan with high sides is a saucepan. It is convenient for extinguishing.
- The conical work creates the conditions for rapid roasting over high heat.
A ceramic-coated frying pan can have a different shape. The manufacturer can produce products with varying colours on the outer side. But the only natural, non-toxic ingredients are used for coating:
As a basis for coating use:
- Stainless steel. The product is relatively light, heats up quickly, does not undergo deformation.
- Products with an aluminium cast base are cheaper than the previous one but not inferior in quality.
- Products made of stamping from aluminium differ in democratic prices. Their service life is less.
- Tableware made of forged aluminium is inexpensive but has high-quality indicators.
Aluminium products are the most criticized because they are lighter.
The quality, as well as the pros and cons of a ceramic-coated pan, can be assessed by the methods of applying the coating itself.
The ceramic coating on a metal base can be applied in the following ways:
- The method of rolling – a coating is applied to the metal disk, then the product is stamped with a press. The layer during stamping is distributed but also deformed.
- I was spraying on the finished model. Spraying is not deformed. With this method, the thickness of the layer is more significant than with rolling.
The top of the products determines the size. Choosing dishes by diameter, you should take into account the number of people in the family.
- If there are two people in the family, then a frying pan of 24 cm is enough.
- For a family of three, dishes of 26 cm are suitable.
- The frying pan measuring 28 cm in diameter is suitable for families with four or more members.
The thickness of the walls of the pan should not be less than 4 mm.
When choosing a product, the bottom in the inner part is smooth, without bumps and depressions (excluding the choice of the grill). The outer side of the base may be corrugated.
- The bottom should be flat. On a flat surface, there is a uniform distribution of heat. Products will be fried the same on the entire surface.
- The thickness of the bottom should correspond to 4-7 mm. Longer will last a frying pan with a thicker base. The optimal thickness for the floor is 5 mm.
- If you knock on the bottom of a new product, the sound will be deaf – in this case, the pan is good.
Which company to choose?
Attractive appearance gives the appearance of the products. But what is the best pans with ceramic coating in quality can be judged by the rating.
- Mayer & Bosch produces high-quality aluminium tableware. A perfectly smooth surface distinguishes the products and a resistant coating—bakelite handles. Silver is made in pleasant pink colours. Easy to clean. It can be used on gas and electric stoves.
- Vitesse produces pans made of forged aluminum. This brand has models with a coating of red colour on the outside—bakelite handles.
- Travel produces products made of cast aluminum in pink—handles made of stainless steel and silicone. Thanks to the hole on the handle, they can be suspended.
Products of which manufacturers to buy, the buyer himself decides, taking into account personal preferences and the number of family members.