Did you know that the ideal time to apply any facial treatment is before you go to bed? Here’s why and what kind of treatments and night creams you can apply for a healthier face.
During the night hours, many of our organs regenerate, and the skin on your face is no exception. Millions of dead cells are replaced by new ones, allowing the treatments you apply to be better received by your face. That’s why we’ve created this informative article dedicated to the best night creams. Don’t miss it!
Besides, you can check our post for the best anti-wrinkle cream. If you are a man, you have another article about the best anti-wrinkle treatments for men to show off perfect skin.
How we test our products (Why you should trust us)
Bestindian.org takes product testing seriously. Hands-on testing provides the basis for our reviews and guides, which in turn influence our recommendations for products.
In our review lab, we use state-of-the-art equipment to conduct all tests. Product testing is done in health, kitchen, grooming & electronics niches. To ensure our results are accurate and unbiased, we evaluate each product against a set of objective criteria. We test different categories of performance for different types of products.
Our product testing team is comprised of experts with years of experience. As a result of this commitment, we can make product recommendations that are inclusive of all Indians.
What are night creams for?
Using a good face cream at night allows us to provide extra hydration to the skin, promotes the regeneration of dead cells, and provides nutrients that strengthen it and give it tonicity.
Whether you have dry, mixed, or even oily skin, using these types of products is a critical step in keeping you hydrated for as long as possible.
Another great benefit of applying such treatments to your face is preventing the appearance of wrinkles resulting from collagen loss, tiredness, or excess stress hormones (better known as cortisol).
The best night creams contain ingredients that, in addition to nourishing your face, give it luminosity. Finally, some contain assets that help redefine the contour of your face, giving it a young, smooth look.
What is the difference between day cream and night cream?
Some of the differences between day and night creams are their ingredients, effects, benefits, and steps that should be followed for proper application.
Day treatments contain elements that protect your face from UV rays, as well as from contamination and external agents. On the other hand, the night face cream is specifically designed to repair it while you sleep.
Another of the most important differences is in their ingredients, as night creams contain more vitamins and oils focused on cell regeneration. At the same time, day treatments have active ingredients that promote skin protection and can even create a barrier to making it less affected by external agents such as pollution and UV rays.
Finally, night products should be applied once the face is clean (i.e., completely makeup-free). This is because their formulas are created to be more intense than their daytime counterparts to regenerate the dead cells of the face.
How to choose your perfect night cream?
The first thing is to select the ideal night cream for your face. Differences between oily, mixed, and dry skin will determine the type of ingredients your night cream should contain to give you the best benefits. Some recommendations are:
Usually, those who have this type of skin suffer from pimples and pimples constantly. Many make the mistake of thinking that having these kinds of problems should not be hydrated and that even applying any serums or night creams will increase the problem.
However, dermatologists and experts recommend the opposite, since when this type of skin is not hydrated, it generates more sebum causing a higher degree of impurities.
Therefore, when choosing a night cream, it should be sought that it does not contain oils or ingredients that block pores.
Mixed skin is recognized for having some dry areas and others extremely oily, especially in the so-called “T zone” (front, nose, and chin), so it is a real challenge to find a hydrating product on your face and controls fat at the same time.
For this type of skin, oil-free products are recommended, without comedogenic ingredients, with aqueous and acidic elements such as azelaic or glycolic regulating the sebum produced in various areas of the face.
This type of skin lacks hydration, and therefore, those who possess it may have dryness in different parts of the face. This is due to lack of hydration, causing early wrinkles and even more serious problems such as flaking (so in case of presenting the latter type of problems, we recommend going to a dermatologist immediately).
Ideal for this type of skin in terms of night creams contains moisturizing ingredients and active ingredients that promote cell regeneration, such as collagen, to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
10 best night creams
Literate skincare includes three stages: cleansing, toning, and hydration. But it’s afternoon. And at night, our sun-weary, wind, and make-up dermis need not “drink” but intensive nutrition. After all, this is the time when she regains her strength, preparing for a new day. To make a face look fresh and rested in the morning, you need a good night cream with a rich nutritional composition. Pick it will help you our ranking of the best night-products for different types of skin.
Plum Green Tea Renewed Clarity Night Gel
This remedy is suitable for those who often have pimples on the face, and pores are too wide and constantly clogged, turning into unesthetic black dots. Thanks to the presence of sorbents, Detox-cream takes on a Sebo-regulating function, as well as tones and decontaminates the skin with salicylic acid.
- The light gel texture is well distributed and absorbed quickly;
- Starts an intensive process of cell regeneration, quickly smoothing the relief of the skin;
- Reduces the amount of inflammation on the face;
- Narrows pores (admittedly, without additional cleaning from black dots, it still will not save);
- It pulls the subcutaneous from the depths well, after which they will be easier to remove;
- Gives the face a rested, fresh look in the morning.
- To achieve a big improvement in the neglected skin, the cream should be used for at least 2 months.
Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Revitalizing Night Skin Cream
A light cream with Japanese sophora extract, barberry, Tavola, and melissa fits young skin with an excess of a juicy secret. It has a self-regulating effect and reduces the amount of inflammation. This can be used as early as the age of 20 to provide the person with proper care.
- The composition is enriched with vitamins and trace elements that nourish the skin;
- Reduces fat release without breaking down the protective lipid layer;
- It gives a lightening effect and aligns the tone;
- Softens and moderately moisturizes the skin;
- The next morning the face does not smile;
- A comfortable and hygienic bottle with a pomp-dispenser;
- It contains no parabens or silicone.
- A specific smell that not everyone likes;
- Like any natural product, it may not be suitable, irritating the face.
The Moms Co Natural Age Control Night Cream
Products of the “children’s” brand have long been tried by mothers – very carefully and effectively. This cream was also good: it moisturizes and deeply nourishes the dermis at night, and at the same time, fights irritation and dryness provoked by many hours of wearing make-up.
- Softens the skin, giving it silkiness;
- Light and well absorbed;
- It does not weigh the face so that you can use it in the summer;
- Suitable for young skin and teenagers.
- In the T-zone, after application can leave a shine but soon disappears and it.
Lotus Professional Phyto Rx Skin Renewal Anti-Ageing Night Creme
Israeli cream (of course, with dead sea minerals) is responsible for hydrating and nourishing the skin and helps prevent the appearance of wrinkles. It includes plant extracts, olive oil, aloe juice, and seaweed. All of them carefully care for the skin, restoring and protecting it, as well as having an antioxidant effect.
- Returns the face to a fresh look after a couple of weeks of use;
- Removes the peeling on the dry areas of the face;
- It does not clog pores and does not provoke inflammation;
- Copes with redness on the face;
- It has a nice smell.
- In summer, combined skin may seem too oily.
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream
Russian-made cream on herbal extracts allows the skin to recover quickly, imbued with useful substances and moisture. The product includes buckthorn oil, streak, white tea, medics, and several other plant components, as well as bisabolol, helping vitamins and active components penetrate the skin as deeply as possible.
- All-natural components are in the list in the first place, which means that they are kept to the maximum;
- Smooths the surface of the skin and makes it velvety;
- Hygiene bottle with dispenser – that the cream did not oxidize, and it did not have to climb with your fingers constantly;
- The pleasant, barely perceptible aroma of flowers and herbs.
- After application can remain on the face of a glossy mask – sometimes until the morning.
Forest Essentials Jasmine & Patchouli Night Treatment Cream
Although the Belarusian manufacturer recommends this cream for all types of skin, most of all, it will be pleased with dry derma, which needs intensive hydration. The product effectively restores the skin at the cellular level, returning it to a fresh look overnight. Unfortunately, the age of this cream is limited (25-30 years) – the rest of its nutritional properties will not be enough.
- “Washes” from the face traces of lack of sleep;
- It is absorbed quickly, does not fatten or form films;
- It does not clog the pores on the face;
- It aligns the relief, and at the same time the skin tone;
- It is inexpensive – less than 200 rubles.
- The smell of the cream is sharp but quickly weathered.
Clinique Superdefense Night Recovery Moisturizer
You can fight against age-related changes not only during the day but also at night. For this purpose, a cream filler with hyaluronic acid in the composition was created. It perfectly hydrates the skin and as if fills it from the inside, causing large wrinkles to decrease in size and a small mesh on the face completely smooth. The product is suitable for the skin of 30 degrees.
- Softens and nourishes the skin without a sense of gravity or sticky film;
- It is easily absorbed and does not clog into the pores;
- Not only delivers hyaluronic to the dermis but also forces the body to produce more actively;
- Suitable for all skin types;
- The jar is tightly closed and pasted with a membrane so that the cream does not lose when storing its properties.
- Expensive – 3000-3300 rubles for standard packaging in 50 ml.
The Body Shop Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Night Mask
This product is cheaper but works no less effectively nourishing and moisturizing age-related skin. That’s just what happens is not due to the accumulation of water in the deep layers of the epidermis, but with the help of oils (such as shea) and useful plant extracts. They trigger the natural process of collagen reproduction, preserving the youthfulness of the face.
The texture of the cream turned out to be quite dense, so it is better to use it in a cold period.
- Perfect for dry and normal dermis;
- It can be used from the age of 25 to prevent and eliminate the first age changes;
- It’s easy to deal with peeling;
- It does not leave stickiness even on oily skin;
- Pleasant, underlying fragrance;
- The available price is about 350 rubles.
- It’s absorbed for a long time.
How to apply the best night creams?
To know how to apply the night cream, we must first have a night routine that allows us to pamper our skin using products that help us cleanse and nourish it. The steps to follow to enhance the ingredients of our night creams are:
Step 1. Clean your face using a make-up remover according to your skin type.
Step 2. Using your index and middle fingers, take an abundant dose of your cream and apply it to your neck, forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks. Avoid the eye area so as not to irritate.
Step 3. Make circular movements where you have applied the cream, ensuring that the movements are from the inside out.
Step 4. Finally, repeat the movements in the neck area by slightly pressing the chin toward the neckline.