What is a food processor? And How to Choose the Best Food Processor in India? What is it for and what recipes can I prepare? Is Amy going to give it any use? Which one should I buy? Maybe these and a lot of other questions are assaulting your mind. That’s why you’re here.
I am glad that you have decided to enter this post, as today all these doubts will be resolved. Oh, and not only that, but I’ll also help you choose the best food processor of 2022 according to your needs.
A lot of people are a little lost to food processors. They know the essential functions, but they don’t know that you can prepare numerous recipes with them.
If you’re interested in the subject or curious about what this type of cooking robot can do for you, read on.
How we test our products (Why you should trust us)
Bestindian.org takes product testing seriously. Hands-on testing provides the basis for our reviews and guides, which in turn influence our recommendations for products.
In our review lab, we use state-of-the-art equipment to conduct all tests. Product testing is done in health, kitchen, grooming & electronics niches. To ensure our results are accurate and unbiased, we evaluate each product against a set of objective criteria. We test different categories of performance for different types of products.
Our product testing team is comprised of experts with years of experience. As a result of this commitment, we can make product recommendations that are inclusive of all Indians.
What is it and what is a food processor for?
A food processor performs the most laborious and tedious kitchen tasks to take care of the pretty part. That’s right, cooking.
Their job is to speed up that kind of tedious and time-consuming tasks on your part. Due to the lifestyle we lead, we have less and less, and the last thing we want is to lose it in something we don’t like. That’s where this useful appliance comes in.
Its appearance is similar to a cup blender, except for the type of functions to be performed. While the blender serves mainly to prepare smoothies, soups, purees and creams, the processor takes care of many more parts and, therefore, more recipes can also be prepared.
Now you’ll be thinking, okay, all right, but what can this team do for me?
Don’t worry; I’ll get back to you now.
What does a food processor do?
The primary function of this type of robot is to «transform the ingredients«. You can call it a kitchen prick or an assistant if you prefer.
What you do with your own hands, with a knife or other utensil, the processor does better than you and in much less time.
The main tasks that processors perform are:
- Chop and crush meat, vegetables, potatoes and even seeds and nuts.
- Laminate and grate vegetables, cheese, etc. You can prepare salads in just a few minutes. Depends on the accessories that it includes you can make all kinds of cuts (cubes, julienne, gardener…)
- Knead. You can prepare pizza bases, empanadas, cakes and any dessert in just a few minutes.
- Beat eggs, lift whites, make whipped cream or assemble sauces for example. Making an omelette has never been faster (plus it’s super fluffy).
- Emulsify and be able to prepare a creamy homemade mayonnaise.
- Liquefy and squeeze. Some food processors include these two accessories. A juicer to make juices and a glass blender to make smoothies, gazpachos… Fewer appliances you buy and more space in your kitchen.
- Prepare creams, purees, soups, sauces, jams, butter, etc. The possibilities are practically endless!
Which food processor to buy in 2022?
Not bad. You know what a food processor is and understand the tasks it can perform for you (or most of them).
Before moving on to the comparison I’ve prepared, you should know which processor is suitable for you, so you should consider the following:
One of the main aspects to consider in processors is capacity. It’s not the same cooking for you and your partner as it is for a large family. You should also appreciate that the larger the power, the more significant space it occupies in your kitchen.
However, I would also tell you not to choose a too-small container model, as you run the risk of larger foods not entering you and have to cut them into too many pieces. Remember that the important thing about processors is that they make it easier for you to do most of the work.
The Bosch MCM4100 is ideal for you or two people (1.25 litres), while the Bosch MCM68840 would be perfect for a larger family (3.9 litres).
This feature is for me one of the most important (not to say the most important). There’s nothing that fucks me up more than buying an appliance and running out of power.
To give you an example, I love peanut butter, which also has no science in preparing it. It’s throwing out the peanuts, and with a good processor, it takes a while to make it (yes, it only carries one ingredient). It stings, and that’s it.
Well, with a low-power processor you can for about 20 minutes or more, because there’ll be lumps and chunks left. Oh, and not only that, get ready to stop the machine every little bit because otherwise, you can burn the engine by overheating.
What do I recommend? Choose a processor with good power. The Bosch MCM68840 is a marvel in this regard (1250 watts).
One aspect to keep in mind. While it’s true that most robots already have adequate security systems, it’s important to look at three points mainly:
- Non-slip leg/suction cup system.
- Anchor safety. This means that the robot does not get up and running unless the jug, blade or container is properly placed.
- Engine overheating. Suppose the appliance is too forced to be able to stop to avoid damaging the engine.
Accessories and price
These two aspects go hand in hand with each other. The more accessories the processor includes the more price increase (of course).
What do I recommend? Choose a robot that includes the maximum possible accessories and has a closed price. It’s no use buying a super cheap processor if you then have to buy each supplement separately. In the end, it’s going to be a lot more expensive for you.
While it’s true that most brands will want to sell you some accessories separately, try to make the pack you’re buying as complete as possible.
And after these little tips, get in trouble with the comparison!
10 Best Food Processor in India 2022
Usha FP 3811 Food Processor 1000-Watt Copper Motor
We start with the most substantial dish of the whole comparison and the one that I recommend most of all without a doubt: I am talking about the Usha FP 3811 Food Processor 1000-Watt Copper Motor (for me of the best).
It has all the qualities to be the winner: excellent power, generous capacity and suitable building materials without being excessive in price. Without a doubt, one of the best on the market.
Today it has a perfect Amazon score and the opinion of hundreds of users who have already tried it, becoming one of the best sellers and best rated today. Definitely a more than right purchase.
- Power of 1250 watts.
- BPA-free container with a capacity of 3.9 litres / 1.5 kg (ideal if you are cooking for a large family).
- Speed control without fixed positions (with LED) allows you to select an appropriate speed depending on the type of recipe you prepare. Includes cutting and turbo function.
- It includes up to 40 functions to perform (grate, cut, chop, knead, crush, etc.) with the accessories it incorporates (now we will see the most outstanding ones).
- Glass blender accessory for preparing smoothies, creams, soups and for crushing purees, seeds, ice, etc., with a capacity of 1.5 litres.
- Mixer blade ideal for preparing pizza bases, puff pastry, bread, biscuits, etc.
- Stainless steel blade in the form of a “wave” to achieve professional results in a matter of seconds.
- Includes stainless steel discs for grating and cutting (in strips or slices). Grate fruits, vegetables, chocolate, cheese or other more problematic ingredients.
- Includes rod for beating eggs, riding cream, whites about snow, etc.
- It also incorporates a juice juicer accessory for making juices.
- Bag to store all accessories.
- Non-slip feet, cable storage compartment and safety system (does not work if everything is not mounted correctly).
- Measurements of 30 x 25 x 43 cm and a weight of approximately 6 kg.
Advantages of this processor
- If you are looking for power and a professional and able food processor, you won’t find anything better for its price. You can get all the food ahead of you.
- I like that you incorporate a blender jug as an accessory because if you are thinking of buying a glass blender, you can take two appliances in one.
- It has a large capacity (3.9 litres), which is ideal for preparing food in large quantities. Ideal for large families.
- I think it’s a complete food processor in terms of accessories. If you are not very demanding, I do not think you need to buy any more accessories apart.
Disadvantages of this processor
- It’s a large size due to its capacity, so you’ll need to have space in your kitchen.
- The bag you bring for the accessories is a little fair (even if they come in). They could have taken a little more thought into this aspect.
Bosch McM4100 Food Processor
And we continue with the Bosch brand. If I’m honest with you, it’s the brand I love most about processors.
Now it’s the robot’s turn with the best value for money I’ve found. It has a powerful engine, many accessories (like the previous model) and is ideal for two people. I’m talking about the Bosch MCM4100 food processor.
In addition to being a processor of the best sellers today, with very favourable reviews from people who have already tried it.
If you are looking for a good robot without spending a lot of money and do not want to give up quality, this could become your next acquisition. It won’t let you down or look at the comments you have.
- Motor with a power of 800 watts.
- BPA-free container with a capacity of 1.25 litres (ideal for couples).
- 2 speeds plus the”Turbo” function.
- Many functions to perform: itching, grate, cutting, mixing, bat, kneading, riding, making purees, sauces, smoothies, juices, etc.
- Glass blender accessory for preparing smoothies, creams, soups and for crushing purees, seeds, ice, etc., with a capacity of 1.5 litres.
- Includes citrus juicer accessory.
- Mixer disc ideal for kneading bread, pizza bases, etc.
- It includes 4 stainless steel blades that allow you to make slices and strips (thin and thick).
- Suction cup feet ensure maximum stability and safety system with double anchorage on the lid that guarantees to handle.
- It has an integrated drawer to store the accessories.
- Dishwasher-safe accessories.
- Measurements of 21 x 24 x 39 cm and a weight of approximately 4.3 kilograms.
- What stands out most about this processor is its price. Today it is the best value for money in the market. It offers a multitude of features at a really affordable price to all pockets.
- Power guaranteed. Like the other model analyzed, you won’t have any problems in this regard.
- I find the built-in drawer super practical to store the accessories. All tidy in your kitchen.
- Like the previous model, it includes enough accessories not to buy anymore. The truth is complete.
- Very positive user reviews.
- I want speed control to have a controller for other processors (such as the Bosch MCM68840).
Available in fuchsia!
If you are looking for a touch of colour for your kitchen, you have the Bosch MCM42024model, which is the same as the model I just analyzed (it only changes in colour).
The power is also 800 watts, and the capacity of the bowl is 1.25 litres.
That said, the price is a little higher.
How does it match your kitchen?
Inalsa Food Processor INOX 1000-Watt With Blender Jar
We often become obsessed with the best-known brands and do not see beyond (I include myself).
The processor I present to you now had to be in the comparison, because, in addition to having an excellent price, it brings with it quite a few accessories. I’m talking about the Inalsa Food Processor INOX 1000-Watt With Blender Jar.
I have not included it for all the ratings it has (which are few), but I really find it a handy and economical option for those who do not want to spend a lot of money and do not want to give up quality. One of the best choices if your budget is reduced.
Also, Inalsa is a Spanish brand, which has become known for its Chefbot kitchen robot.
- 1100 watt power motor.
- BPA-free plastic container with a capacity of 2 litres.
- It has 3 speeds and the Turbo function (for maximum speed).
- Among its functions it stands out: chop, cut, grate, beat, grind, mix, assemble, stir, knead, prepare smoothies, etc.
- In addition to the processor’s own container, it includes cutting discs and stainless steel blades capable of grinding coffee, seeds, nuts, etc.
- Accessories included: splash cap, pusher emboloat, 3 cutting discs (julienne, slice and chop), blade for chopping meat and vegetables, disc hook for kneading and mixing,
- Stainless steel front panel and an integrated drawer store all accessories, which can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Measurements of 37 x 25 x 21 (with the pusher bottle would be 45 cm high) and an approximate weight of 4.2 kg.
- What stands out most about this kneading robot is its price. It’s the cheapest of the whole comparison.
- Lots of accessories for the low price it has. In addition to the processor’s own add-ons, it includes all kinds of cutting blades and discs. Calculate what it would cost you if you bought everything separately.
- Good engine power.
- Beautiful aesthetics and is available in two colours (grey and black).
- The construction qualities are not as good as those of Bosch to give an example.
- The cable’s a little short.
Philips HR7510/10 Viva Collection Processor
I found it right to include the Philips HR7510/10 processor since, in addition to having an excellent price, Philips is a brand (like Bosch) that has been manufacturing the best appliances all its life.
What I like most about this processor is the capacity of 1.5 litres, since it is neither very large nor minimal. For me, it’s the ideal size.
As with Bosch processors, this model is currently best-selling. Besides, I really like the design it has.
- 800-watt engine power.
- Container capacity of 1.5 litres, free of BPA. For me, an ideal size.
- Includes 2 speeds +”Turbo”function.
- Philips PowerChop technology, combining cutting angle, blade shape and container for superior cutting in both hard and soft ingredients.
- Accessories to perform more than 29 functions. Among them: chop, cut, grate, beat, grind, mix, assemble, stir, knead, etc.
- Includes 1.5-litre glass blender.
- Includes the following accessories: juicer, emulsifying accessory, tank, kneader, reversible disc.
- All accessories are dishwasher safe except the central unit.
- Measurements of 45 x 35 x 26 cm and a weight of approximately 3.2 kg.
You can see the robot in action in this video:
- Trusted brand with a really competitive price.
- It incorporates cup blender and multiple cutting and grated accessories, so you won’t need to buy any more accessories apart.
- Good design and construction qualities.
- Ideal in processor bowl size and capacity.
- Rather improvable instruction manual.
Inalsa Food Processor Fiesta 650-Watt
And by the end, I leave the best. I couldn’t finish this comparison without talking about the jewel of processors: yes, I mean the Inalsa Food Processor Fiesta 650-Watt.
Obviously, it is a robot not aimed at all audiences, only for the most demanding and looking for the best to have in their kitchen.
And who would you recommend it to? (you’ll wonder).
This processor is ideal for you if you meet these requirements: you love to cook, and you want a kitchen with personality, you like to have the best of the best, and you don’t mind paying a little more (in this case little more truth), you prefer quality, durability and know that in a few years you will still have your appliance as the first day.
In short, you look for that point of exclusivity and difference.
- Processing speed from 900 to 1700 revolutions per minute.
- 2 BPA-free work bowls included (3.1 litres and 950 ml).
- The adjustable cut allows you to cut (from thin to thicker) without disassembling the blade.
- Food pusher consisting of 3 pieces.
- 2 speeds plus the «Press» function (to process manually).
- 2 discs and 3 stainless steel blades (except kneader). The cutting disc is adjustable from 2 to 6 mm, and the sealing disc is reversible and with a flexible cut from 2 to 4 mm.
- System to soil as much as possible. This is because it is designed to cut (both soft and hard foods) without getting dirty, as the lid incorporates silicone gaskets.
- It incorporates an anti-splash system for liquids.
- Accessory for beating eggs and spatula included.
- Includes drawer to store all accessories.
- Measurements of 41 x 28 x 26 cm and a weight of approximately 7.8 kilograms.
- 3-year warranty.
I leave you a video review of the KitchenAid robot to get to know it more thoroughly (as you can see one of the best processors on the market):
- Unbeatable design and construction qualities. I love the retro air of all KitchenAid products.
- Due to the previous point (weight and robustness), not a millimetre will move while using it.
- The noise produces when processing is much less than any robot analyzed in the comparison.
- It includes two work bowls (950 ml and 3.1 litres), so it is ideal for working if you live together or if you have a larger family.
- An appliance that will last you many years. If you own a KitchenAid, you know what I’m talking about.
- Not suitable for small kitchens. As you could see in the specifications, it has considerable measurements and weight.
- It is not a device for all pockets, as you can imagine (although its price is not high compared to the Bosch model).
Well, you know. If you want to save time when you cook and don’t have the money to hire a prick, a food processor can be the solution.
Now I would like to know your opinion, what have you thought of comparing the “best food processors”?
Come on, don’t cut yourself. I like to hear from you.